In this article, you will learn how to set up a new iPhone (Step by step).
An initial setup is an important procedure after buying a new iPhone.
Choosing a language, setting up protection, connecting to proprietary services such as iCloud and iMessage, as well as activating a new device
– all this can be set up right after the first use of your iPhone.
1. Turn on iPhone
The power button (lock) is located on the right side of the iPhone 11 or on the upper side of the earlier models. Press and hold it until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
After a few seconds, you will see a greeting in several languages. Swipe from left to right on the screen anywhere.
2. The choice of language and home region
This choice depends on what language the information on the iPhone will be displayed.
3. Internet connection
At this point, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network to activate your new Apple device.
If wireless networks are not available, you should use the mobile Internet to activate your smartphone.
Activation is required for a new device, so this step cannot be skipped.
4. Enabling geolocation services
Geolocation services allow you to use navigation, share your location with friends and find your Apple device on the map in case of loss or theft.
5. Touch/Face ID setting and password setting
At this stage, you will be asked to remember the fingerprint or the look your face, so that later with it you can confirm purchases in the App Store and iTunes Store, unlock the Apple device and ensure the confidentiality of personal data stored on the device.
The next step is to set a password. The system will prompt you to set a 4 or 6 password as an alternative to Touch/Face ID.
It should be remembered that a 6-digit password is more reliable.
Be sure to remember or write down your password in a safe place.
6. Data recovery
At this point, you can restore all the information and settings from your old iPhone through the iCloud backup service using a backup on your local computer using iTunes.
7. Connecting an Apple ID Account
Apple ID is a personal account that allows you to access various Apple services, such as instant messaging or video calls between users of Apple technology.
If you do not have your Apple ID, you can create it in the process of activating your iPhone.
8. Setting Siri
Siri is your personal voice assistant with which you can conveniently create reminders, set an alarm, mark events on the calendar, send messages and much more.
9. Choosing the optimal interface size
If you have an iPhone 6 or newer (except iPhone SE), the system will prompt you to select the scale of the interface. Read the Full Review of the iPhone 11 Pro here.
How to use an iPhone a beginners guide
What you need
- a working SIM card – all major brands are compatible, just make sure you have the right size for your model
- a paper clip ( optional) – we will get to that later
HOW TO USE AN IPHONE
- check the size of your SIM card and see if it is compatible there are usually three sizes regular, small, and nano, the latter being for newer models. If you are not sure if you SIM card will fit, it always best to buy your desired iPhone model as usually your telecom provider will either cut your card to size or will make a copy to a more recent SIM card type
- If you are buying new, iPhones come with a small metal piece which you will use to open the SIM card slot and place your card (place it just like the engraved position on the slot. If you are buying second hand or if for some reason you didn’t get the small metal piece – this is where the paper clip enters the show (skip to Tips and Tricks)
- turn on your iPhone and follow the instructions for sign-up and customization
Tips and Tricks
- To replace the metal piece to open the SIM card slot, take a paper clip and bend the tip upwards, a regular size clip will fit just as fine.
- Upload the latest configurations to update your model as soon as you turn it on for the first time.
- Use the cloud! It’s a great backup to recover your information if something happens to your iPhone
- Unlike androids, iPhone’s app store is proprietary so, you can trust that any app you get is both compatible and safe
- Monitor your internet connection to avoid unwanted usage of data when off wifi.
Now, enjoy the world’s most popular phone!
How to Backup iPhone
- USB cable
- Windows PC with iTunes app installed
How to backup iPhone using Windows PC
- Connect iPhone to your PC via USB (this will automatically run the iTunes app on your PC).
- You will be asked whether to allow this computer access to your phone. Click “Continue”.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Tap the “Trust” button on the “Trust This Computer” prompt that appears afterward.
- On the iTunes toolbar near the top left corner of the window, you will find a small phone icon. Click it.
- In the “Backups” section of the “Summary” option enable the checkbox “Encrypt iPhone backup”.
- Provide the encryption password. This will initiate the backup process (for future backups just click the „Back Up Now“ button).
Steps 2-4 will no longer be necessary once you’ve synced your iPhone to the iTunes app.
Now that you know how, make sure to backup your iPhone regularly, to avoid losing any important data.
How to Factory Reset an iPhone
This article will teach you how to factory reset your iPhone in a few easy steps. Please keep in mind that a factory reset will erase all the data from your phone so be sure to backup all your important files onto another device. A factory reset will completely wipe your phone.
1.) Step 1 is to backup your iPhone. It is better to be safe than sorry! You don’t want to accidentally erase important data or precious photos. You can do this by plugging your phone into a computer. From there the Itunes icon should populate and give you the option to backup. You can also backup your phone by using iCloud.
2.) Step 2 is to go to the settings app. First, click general and then click reset. It should then give you different options to reset. To factory reset, you must select the “Erase All Content and Settings” option. The phone may then ask you to log in and confirm by clicking “Erase iPhone”.
3.) Step 3. Your phone should ask you to login with Apple ID so that can be erased as well.
After these steps have been completed your iPhone will ask you to set it up as a new device.
Congratulations! You have now learned how to successfully factory reset an iPhone!
How to enable cookies on iPhone
Learn how to enable cookies on the iPhone with great ease. New users will pick up the iPhone and want to get started. But they should start up Safari and find the settings tab.
They can navigate to the settings tab right when Safari starts. Safari is the standard web browser for iPhone devices.
The fans appreciate how easy it is to use the Safari web browser. The settings tab will enable people to change the options for using the iPhone itself.
There should be a tab under settings for “Block all cookies.” That is the default option that people can use going forward.
Turn off that feature to start using the websites that require cookies. The Safari browser is modern and can keep the iPhone safe.
Web browsing should still be safe when that feature is disabled. New users are then able to use the iPhone as they see fit.
Transfer data from Android to iPhone
Switching from Android to an iPhone should not be a hassle. At least when you want to transfer data from Android to iPhone. These simple steps will show you the step by step process to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
Things you need:
- An android phone
- An iPhone
- Stable WiFi
After you gather the requirements, follow these simple steps;
- On your iPhone, go to apps & data, then tap the move data from Android button.
- On your Android, download the Move to iOS app.
- Open the Move to iOS app and tap the button that says continue.
- Tap continue on your iOS move from the Android screen. This process will generate a 10 or 6 digit code.
- Use the generated code on your Android device.
- Choose the content that you want to transfer from your Android device and tap next.
- After everything loads on your iOs, tap the DONE button on your Android device.
- Finish the setup by following the on-screen steps on your iPhone.
When you transfer data from Android to iPhone, you need to consider these few tricks;
- Only transfer data that can fit in your iPhone
- Make sure both your phones are fully charged.
These easy to follow steps and tricks should guide you through the whole process and work on any android and iOS devices.
How to set up an iPhone to television
For those wondering how to connect an iPhone to a television, the procedures are simple.
The materials one must get first beforehand are a digital AV and an HDMI or a VGA cable cord.
The first thing one must do when using an iPhone to plug in their TV is by taking a Digital AV and attaching it to the iPhone charging port.
The second step that comes after is by using either an HDMI or VGA cable cord to plug into the AV adapter, while the third step is plugging the other side of the cable cord into the television.
The fourth and final step of connecting an iPhone to television is ensuring that the secondary display is turned on.
It’s important to understand that one must not skip each step during the procedure. Once the steps are completed, a second screen experience through the television is available.
How to export contact to iPhone
Exporting a contact from your iPhone to another device is very easy and will not require a high level of knowledge to export. There are many ways to export a contact, but we will be discussing the basic method, that way, we don’t overwhelm readers with the information they don’t need. With that being said, let’s discuss how to export a contact to the iPhone step by step.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
- An iPhone
- Cellular data or internet connection.
Go to your contact list, and select the contact you would like to export
Once you are on the contact you would like to export, scroll down and look for the “share contact” option.
Once you click the “share contact” option, another option will pop up asking you how to export the contact being email, text, etc.
Pick whichever method you like to export the contact.